Torah Portion Week 6 – 2021-22
Toldot – “generations” or “descendants”
25:19 – 28:9
25:21 – Rebekah was barren (Read Jasher 25:28-26:8)
25:23 – Read Jasher 26:9-12
- Read Targum (first paragraph, first half) http://targum.info/pj/pjgen26-8.htm
25:26-27 – The name Jacob – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_(name)
- Jacob/Esau 2 Esdras (changing of the times) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Esdras+6%3A1-10&version=RSV
- Read extra details of Esau and Jacob (Jasher 26:17-18)
25:28 – Not judging Isaac, but what is this all about?
- Jubilees 19:13-31 https://parableofthevineyard.com/cepher/jubilees/#c19
- Was it the venison (meat) that blinded his eyes? https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Ecclesiasticus-20-29/
25:34 – Read Jasher part 27:1-16
- Targums (paragraph )
26:5 – Compare with Gen 15:6
26:14-16 – Envy (evil thoughts drive people to do evil deeds)
- Testament of Simeon 1:7-20 https://sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe269.htm
26:20 – Esek “contention”
26:21 – Sitnah “hostility”
26:23 – We all have our trials, large or small.
- Abimilech first dealt well with Isaac, then cast him out for his abundant blessing!
- How much more for us in these last days who have been blessed abundantly with understanding in his Torah and the true messiah!! https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+10%3A22%2C+john+15%3A18%2C+john+17%3A14%2C+1+john+3%3A13%2C+ps+69&version=KJV
26:25-27 – Coincidence that after seeking Yahuah, he changed the hearts of Abimelek and his crew?
- Let us never forget to petition him on all matters! Psalm 50 http://targum.info/pss/ps2.htm
- Changing the heart https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exo+9%3A12%2C+pro+16%3A1&version=KJV
26:30 – Notice Isaac didn’t contend with them, but agreed to reunite with them. Merciful, like David, quick to forgive https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Colossians-3-13/
26:34 – Pause and take a look at Jasher 28 says about the lives of Esau and Jacob)
27:1 – Eyes were dim – compare to moses – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=deut+34%3A5-7&version=CJB
Why the difference? It’s Yahuah’s will.(2020 answer found in Targums XXVII)
27:23 –Jubilees 26:17 https://parableofthevineyard.com/cepher/jubilees/#c26
- Targums paragraph 6
27:35 – Is deception ok?
- Joseph was deceptive to his brethren
27:40 -Targums 12th paragrash
(end) Read Jasher 29:11-41 (prepping for why he had to be a servant to Laban)
ALSO – was it ok to lie http://www.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-akin/was-it-okay-for-jacob-to-lie-to-his-father