Torah Portion – Week 37 (UPDATED 2021)
Welcome brothers and sisters to week 37, Shelach, SEND YOU
This portion tells the story of the twelve spies sent to assess the promised land, commandments about offerings, the story of the violation of the Sabbath, and the commandment of the tzitzit.
13:16 – It is interesting that Caleb, the Kenizite (Edomite) was named as the leader of Judah. He was grafted in. https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=NUM+32%3A12%2C+GEN+36%3A11%2C15%2C+num+15%3A15-16%2C+is+56%3A6-7%2C+acts+10%3A34-35&version=KJV
13:31 – No fear! https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=sirach+2%3A10-14&version=RSV
-Grapes ripen late summer, early fall
13:29 – What’s keeping us today? https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+28%3A18-20%2C+matt+9%3A37-38%2C+matt+25%3A14-30&version=KJV
13:33 – Giants: Gen 6, https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=gen+6%3A1-4%2C+amos+2%3A9%2C+1+sam+17%3A4&version=KJV
Sending out the 12 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+10&version=KJV
14:4 – Complaining (have we ever thought to look at things from his perspective?) https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+esdras+1%3A12-23&version=RSV
- Do we whine and complain when things go wrong, or are tough?
14:9 – Why fear the NWO, beast system etc… If Yahuah delights in us…
14:11 – Believing – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+esdras+1%3A35-37&version=RSV
14:12 – Yah chose Moses for a reason; humbleness.
14:18 – Moses is quoting Exo 34 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exo+34%3A6-7&version=KJV
14:22 – Ten tests – It’s interesting that Abraham was tested 10 times according to Jubilees 17-19 and found faithful in all https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-8-39/
14:35 – Think about our time now; what is all that different than the Israelites in the wilderness? Are we not being tested? Will we enter into N.Jerusalem with filthy hands? https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+24%3A3-5%2C+2+sam+22%3A21%2Cps+18%3A20%2C+is+26%3A1-2%2C+psalm+119%3A142&version=KJV
14:42 – Too late Jasher 6:11-23 https://sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/6.htm
14:45 “Hormah” meaning “broken rock”, “banned”, or “devoted to destruction”
- Later, as they have victory here https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=num+21%3A1-3&version=KJV
Read the last 2 paragraphs of 14 in the Targums
15:29 – Yah has always wanted all races of man to serve him – Jubilees 7:20 – ? https://parableofthevineyard.com/cepher/jubilees/#c7
- Gathering sticks for work, not food? – Exo 35:1-3 – different than Matt 12:1-8 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exo+35%3A1-3%2C+mat+12%3A1-8&version=KJV
- Why stoning/death? https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Deuteronomy-21-21/
Woman grabs Yahusha’s tzitzit https://www.bible.com/bible/316/MAT.9.TS2009
- Other versions: https://www.biblehub.com/matthew/9-20.htm
- Walk as he walked https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+john+2%3A1-6&version=KJV
- Tzitzit remind me of the story of Na’aman. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+kings+5%3A10-14&version=KJV
- Wearing of the tzitzit is a small request, can we follow it?