VAYERA – “and he appeared” 18:1-22:24 (22-23)
The promise of Isaac, Sodom and Gomorroah, Lot, The Binding of Isaac
1-2 – “Yahuah appeared” (The Word) – Targums
Bowed to the “Angel” Just like Joshua did and was not corrected https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Joshua+5%3A13-15&version=KJV
- Jasher 22:11-13 https://sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/22.htm
18:14 – ‘Time appointed’ (Moed) https://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=At+the+time+appointed+I+will+return&t=KJV&ss=1#s=s_primary_0_1
18:19 – children, Deut 6 and 30!
18:20 – Read Deeds of Sodom (Jasher 19:3-46) Also Eleazar and Judge, 4 Feasts and Orgies
Writings of Abraham 116 (pg 133) https://parableofthevineyard.com/wp-content/uploads/Order-of-The-Ancients.pdf
18:25-33 – Strong praying for the weak (2 Esdras 7)
- Coming before the courts in heaven with evidence, or strong reasoning! Yahosephat, Daniel 9, and others? https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+esdras+7%3A102-112%2C+2+esdras+2%3A20-23%2C+matt+5%3A43-48%2C+ps+35%3A11-16&version=RSV
2 – Lot is also hospitable like Abraham
4 – Matza before fleeing to safety, like the Exodus account??
5- “know them”
Septuagint “ Where are the men that went in to thee this night? bring them out to us that we may be with them.”
Targums: “Where are the men who entered with thee to-night? Bring them out to us, and we will lie with them.”
- Discuss the lying pen of the scribes? (Eusibius)
- Writings of Abraham 119-120
16 – The Angel “took hold of him” like rev 12 https://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=caught+up+unto+God+and+to+his+throne%2E&t=KJV&ss=1#s=s_primary_0_1
24 – Sodom & Gomorrah ruins: Sulphur
- Pictures of ruins https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sodom+gomorrah+buildings&t=ffab&atb=v158-1&iax=images&ia=images&iaf=size%3ALarge
26 – “Remember Lots wife” https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+17%3A26-32&version=KJV
29 – Destruction from the Word: Targums – “And the Word of the Lord had caused showers of favour to descend upon Sedom and Amorah, to the intent that they might work repentance, but they did it not: so that they said, Wickedness is not manifest before the Lord. Behold, then, there are now sent down upon them sulphur and fire from before the Word of the Lord from Heaven.”
- Writings of Abraham 122
END – Jasher confirms the daughters thought the whole world was destroyed Jasher 19:57
6 – Dream Jasher 20:12-19
20:7 – Yahuah’s love for his people – Man of war – (he protects his beloved) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+15%3A5%2C+is+27%3A1-6%2C+&version=KJV
- Also 2 Esdras 7 stones https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+esdras+7%3A51-61&version=RSV
9-12 – Cast out the bondwoman
- On the surface it seems like Sarah was too harsh, before investigation that is (Jasher 21:11-15)
- Writings of Abraham 128
- He more than likely took it to prayer and Yahuah answered.
- Hearkened to his wife (helpmeet doesn’t mean Yahuah doesn’t speak through them)
- 12- Targum: “Hearken unto all that Sarah saith to thee, because she is a prophetess”
14 – Abraham was tested (Jubilees 17:15-18)
- – Arabs, “great nation” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision
- Jasher 21:18-48
- Writings of Abraham 129 & 130
- Targums 21:20-21
21:26 – Jasher 22:4-7
1-2 – This test came from (Jubilees 17:14-17 & Jasher 22:1-3, 40-55)
- Writings of Abraham 133 – 135
14 – Mount Moriah significance: https://www.thattheworldmayknow.com/mount-moriah
Jasher account: LONG – 23:1-75
- Writings of Abraham 143
Abraham was patient in tribulation
- Waiting many years for a son (patience).
- Are you praying for something and not getting an answer?
- In a tough situation and not delivered yet?
- Did Abraham backbite or complain?
- Do you think Abraham prayed often? Yet he didn’t receive an answer for many years. (Are we more deserving than Abraham?)
- Patience, wait and trust.
Patience, wait for Yahuah – Finish with Enoch 108 https://sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe112.htm