Torah Portion Week 18 – Mishpatim “Laws” (2022)
Exo 21:1 – 24:18
- Targums link: https://parableofthevineyard.com/wp-content/uploads/Torah-Targums-Of-Exodus-Pre-Revision.pdf
Judgements = Right rulings strongs: https://www.blueletterbible.org/lexicon/h4941/kjv/wlc/0-1/
21:1-3 Very similar to creation account – work 6 and rest, much like the Sabbath day of the week and Sabbath year of rest.
- If we say, slaves in 2022? https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=pro+22%3A7&version=ESV
- Messiah’s parable https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+18%3A23-27&version=KJV
- Is 52 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=is+52%3A1-6%2C+1+pet+1%3A18-19&version=KJV
- Targums 21:2
21:6 – Aul https://duckduckgo.com/?q=aul&t=ffcm&atb=v158-1&iax=images&ia=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.studsandspikes.com%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fcache%2F1%2Fimage%2F3f59539ed23e331489f6fc8124e5aeec%2Ft%2Fo%2Ftools_dart_awl_1.jpg
21:12 – Death penalty derived from here.
21:20 – Targums says death
21:25 – Eye for an eye… https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=is+42%3A21%2Cjames+4%3A12%2C+Matthew+5%3A38-40%2C+matt+18%3A21-35&version=KJV
21:35 – Solomon derived wisdom in the matter of the baby (derived from this right ruling)
- If judgement between brethren is needed, we can always glean wisdom from one right ruling to a parallel matter. Ie. Ox for any good or possession.
21:36 – In general, Yahusha was preparing his people for a time without the temple, a time where we should be looking to forgive one another, rather than to be quick to run to court to essentially sue each other.
22:3 – Read Targum on this one
22:14 – Just like in today’s world, if we break something of our neighbors in our possession, then we make it right.
22;15 – Give an example of riding in the car together.
22:18 – Torah mockers will use this (we are in dispersion/Egypt/daughter of Babylon with governing rules – did Daniel go around and kill witches and such?)
- Rev 22 (outside N.J. will be sorcerers…)
22:25 – https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A42-48&version=KJV
22:26 – Perhaps only covering by night.
22:28 – https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Ecclesiasticus-21-27/
22:29 – redemption https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=num+18%3A16&version=KJV
22:30 – Give everything first to Yahuah (living sacrifices)
- AND THE BEST (CAIN AND ABEL)
- Went to his priests and levites
23:2 – Think of modern day riots
23:3 – Rich or poor among us are equal (no favoritism to the poor – even Robin Hood)
23:4-5 – https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+25%3A21-22&version=KJV
23:6 – Opposite of 23:3 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+2%3A2-7&version=KJV
23:8 – This isn’t about gifts in general, but bribery
23:9 – We are still sojourners today https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=heb+11%3A8-10&version=KJV
23:12 – Can this still apply today? Why not (Lev 25 does state its for being in the land of promise, not captivity) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=lev+26%3A31-35%2C+2+chron+36%3A19-21%2C+eze+20%3A21&version=KJV
23:13 – The fallen ones
23:14 – 3 Main harvests (including end times)
23:18 – pertains to Passover. Septuagint: https://ebible.org/eng-Brenton/EXO23.htm
23:19 – Some say this type of meat is most palatable boiled in milk.
- This practice would be cruel
- There does exist some pagan rituals, found in African tribes and Arab customs
23:20-23 – Yahusha – community tab post: Angel of YHWH
- Yahusha a messenger https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mal+3%3A1-2&version=KJV
23:25-26 – The promises for obedience IN the land, not for captivity which we are in now.
24:7 – I do! – Read Targums (dispel the book of covenant vs book of the law)
24:8 – The covenant (marriage) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+26%3A26-28%2C+heb+9%3A18-28%2C&version=KJV
24:11 – Vows, witnesses, meal and blood