Torah Portion 24 – Vayikra “and he called” 21-22
Leviticus 1:1 – 6:7
Targums link: https://parableofthevineyard.com/wp-content/uploads/Targum-Leviticus-Not-Final.pdf
Before we begin – Vayikra means: “and he called”
- Hidden code pointing to YHWH https://www.bereanpublishers.com/a-hidden-torah-secret/
- This book isn’t just for levites, it is for those who want to draw near to YHWH
- Teaches clean and unclean, profane and holiness: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=eze+22%3A26%2C+exo+19%3A5-6%2C+1+peter+2%3A5%2C+1+pet+1%3A16&version=KJV
- People are looking for the next big thing; this is a big part of it
– Freewill Sacrifices and offerings will resume in New Jerusalem (Ezekiel 40-47)
– We have evidence in the Torah of certain sacrifices before the official giving of the Torah at mt. sinai – Adam, Abel, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses
– 1st Adam and Eve https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe028.htm
- Olah (Whole burnt offering) – for total consecration of the offerer’s life to YHWH
- Mincha (Grain offering) – token of the offerer’s life to his fellow man & detachment from cares of posessions
- Shelamim (Peace offering) – symbolizes fellowship between YHWH and His people
- Chatat (Sin offering) – brought to atone for personal or congregational sin
- Asham (Guilt offering) – brought for sins not considered as serious as the sin offering, swearing falsely, etc.
All the sacrifices point to Yahusha and what he did for us
Olah is voluntary
1:2 – Clean animals: bulls, goats, rams, lambs, doves, etc.. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=is+1%3A10-18%2C+matt+23%3A23%2C+ps+24%3A3-6%2C+ps+18%3A19-24%2C+luke+1%3A5-6%2C+deut+30%3A11-14&version=KJV
1:4 – The animal is in our place – Jasher 23:69-75 https://sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/23.htm
- If you haven’t slaughtered an animal before… it’s intense
1:10 – Yahusha is the unblemished one https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+pet+1%3A18-20%2C+Hebrews+4%3A15-16%2C+1+john+2%3A6%2C+jude+1%3A23%2C+james+1%3A22-27%2C+1+timothy+6%3A6-14%2C+2+pet+3%3A14&version=KJV
Olah is a whole burnt offering – We have to fully give ourselves to him https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+12%3A1-2%2C+rom+6%3A11-18%2C+1+cor+6%3A19-20%2C+jer+31%3A31-33%2C+eze+36%3A25-27&version=KJV
- Ascending wife https://biblehub.com/interlinear/leviticus/1-9.htm
- Everything we have https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+119%3A10-12%2C+matt+10%3A34-39&version=KJV
Meat = Mincha – grain offering – voluntary offering to draw near to YHWH
2:1 – Not cheap stuff here! Remember Elisha story?
2:5 – Yahusha is the unleavened bread!
2:11 – No leaven (bad doctrine) Without leaven https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+6%3A35-51%2C+matt+16%3A6%2C11&version=KJV
2:12 – 144,000 are the firstfruits (not burnt): https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev+14%3A1-5&version=KJV
2:13 – https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A13-16%2C+col+4%3A6&version=KJV
– covenant of salt https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/covenant-of-salt/
Salt: Flavors, preserves
destroying (proclaiming judgement) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=gen+19%3A26%2C+luke+17%3A30-32%2C+deut+29%3A23%2C+&version=KJV
Fertilizing – remember, the world is a field and we are here to help the harvest
Mincha – symbolized detachment from worldly goods, or care of such: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+19%3A21-29%2C+gen+28%3A22%2C+mal+3%3A7-10%2C+mark+4%3A19%2C+matt+6%3A19-20&version=KJV
Yahusha fulfilled the Olah and mincha: https://biblehub.com/interlinear/psalms/40-6.htm
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=eph+5%3A1-2&version=KJV Obviously he was anointed with oil!
Shelamim – peace/ thanksgiving offering – a way to thank and draw near to him
Draw near: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James+4%3A7-8&version=KJV
He is our peace offering; https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=eph+2%3A13-15%2C+rom+5%3A1%2C+heb+12%3A14%2C+heb+13%3A14-16%2C+hos+14%3A1-2&version=KJV
3:10 – Kidneys
- Hidden organs (they are the last you get to in the body)
- Likened to the ‘inner man’ depths of the will/being.
3:14 – The Fat
- It is excess, given to Yahuah
- It is the richest part of an animal.
- This should be a reminder to give Yahuah our best : https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rom+12%3A1&version=KJV
- How can we give the fat to Yahuah these days?
- Fasting burns the fat 😀
3:17 – Don’t eat all the riches and don’t consume one’s life (symbology)
4:6 – sprinkling blood for our sins https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+pet+1%3A1-2%2C+1+cor+15%3A3-4%2C+rev+7%3A13-17&version=KJV
4:14 – can’t turn a blind eye when you found out (remember when we found out about Christmas etc…)
4:18 – 4 chambers of the heart
Asham – Guilt offering – unintentional violation
5 end – 1 John 2 (if we stumble/mess up) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+john+2%3A1-2&version=KJV
Psalm 50 http://targum.info/pss/ps2.htm
He announced the ceasing of animal sacrifices many times https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=amos+3%3A7%2C+dan+9%3A24-27&version=KJV