he righteous will say on the great day of judgment, “Our God will come, and he will not neglect to vindicate his people”; fire will blaze before him, and around him a storm will rage mightily.
- He will call to the angels of the height above, and to the righteous of the earth below, to extend judgment to his people.
- Gather to me, my pious ones, who have made my covenant, and fulfilled my Torah, and have engaged in prayer, which is likened to a sacrifice.
- And the angels of the height will recount his righteousness, for God is the judge forever.
- Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel; and I will testify to you; I am God, your God.
- I am not rebuking you on account of your sacrifices that you did not offer before me in exile, for your holocausts that your fathers offered are in front of me always.
- From the day that my sanctuary was laid waste, I have not accepted a bull from your hands, or rams from your flock.
- For mine are all the animals of the forest, and I have prepared for the righteous in the Garden of Eden clean beasts and a wild bull who grazes every day on a thousand mountains.
- Manifest before me are all the kinds of birds who fly in the air of heaven; and the rooster whose legs rest on the earth, while his head reaches to heaven, rejoicing before me.
- If the time of the continual morning sacrifice should arrive, I would not tell you; for mine is the earth and its fullness.
- From the day my sanctuary was laid waste, I have not accepted the flesh of the sacrifice of fatlings, and the priests have not sprinkled the blood of rams before me.
- Subdue the evil impulse and it will be reckoned before the Lord as a sacrifice of thanksgiving; and pay to the Most High your vows