Passover Feast 2021
- Start with prayer (thank Yahuah)
- Thank the leadership and volunteers – all who pitched in
- Thank everyone for coming (it is amazing how spread out we are, coming from all over).
It is amazing to be here celebrating this with our ‘forever family’ – someone coined this phrase on the live streams somewhere!
Why we are here
- And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. (Rev 18:4)
Praise be to Yahuah for waking us up and helping us flee Babylon and her ways — HalleluYah! It is good to be around like-minded people who aren’t in love with the world, but with Yahuah.
- While fleeing Babylon, we run into his arms and his ways:
“…The Nations shall come unto you from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit” (Jer 16:19)
“Thus says Yahuah, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein” (Jer 6:16)
“And in those days the children shall begin to study the Torah, And to seek the commandments, And to return to the path of righteousness.” (Jubilees 23:26)
- “And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and you shall keep it a feast to Yahuah throughout your generations; you shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever”(Exo 12:14)
We are learning that forever is exactly what he said — Just as messiah confirmed, not one jot…
- There is a promise to us when we do this most Set-apart meal and week.
“And you shall show your son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which Yahuah did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt. (Exo 13:8)
As he revealed himself and showed mighty works for the people leaving Egypt many years ago, I ask, who among us has Yahuah done mighty wonders for, please raise your hand!And it shall be for a sign unto you upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that Yahuah’s Torah may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand has Yahuah brought you out of Egypt. (Exo 13:9)
His Torah in our mouth is a gift from him — that is his promise to us when we do this service from year to year. Also, his mark, not the Beast’s will be upon us.-
- In remembrance of our Mashiach, Yahusha, the true son of Elohim. Without him, we would not have been reconciled back to Abba, we wouldn’t be here now celebrating this day.
“The next day John saw Yahusha coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of Elohim, which takes away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)“Forasmuch as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Mashiach, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot” (1 Peter 1:18-19)
“Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of Elohim, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and Yahuah has laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opens not his mouth.” (Isaiah 53:4-7)
- Every feast points to Yahusha. We honor the Father through his son.”Then answered Yahusha and said unto them, Amein, Amein, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do: for what things soever he does, this also does the Son likewise. For the Father loves the Son, and shows him all things that himself does: and he will shew him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises up the dead, and quickens them; even so the Son quickens whom he will. For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.” (John 5:19-23)
We are doing this Pesach as close as possible to scriptures, but let us recognize as an assembly of Yahuah — his son is our lamb and tonight we honor him. HalleluYah!
- One year, we may just be gathered around this time, so this is in preparation for that great day.
“Yahuah appeared to him from afar, saying, I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore have I drawn you in compassion. For I will build you, and you shall be built, O virgin of Israel: you shall yet take your timbrel, and go forth with the party of them that make merry. For you have planted vineyards on the mountains of Samaria: plant you, and praise. For it is a day when Natsarim that plead on the mountains of Ephraim shall call, saying, Arise ye, and go up to Sion to Yahuah your Elohim! For thus says Yahuah to Jacob; Rejoice ye, and exult over the head of the nations: make proclamation, and praise ye: say, Yahuah has delivered his people, the remnant of Israel. Behold, I bring them from the north, and will gather them from the end of the earth to the feast of the Passover: and the people shall beget a great multitude, and they shall return hither. They went forth with weeping, and I will bring them back with consolation, causing them to lodge by the channels of waters in a straight way, and they shall not err in it: for I am become a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my first-born.” (Jer 38:3-9 Septuagint)
- Let’s be honest, these feasts are way more fun and rewarding than the pagan stuff some of us grew up with!
Serve the Food
After a few minutes of eating, we will do the bread and wine
Serve Bread and Wine (or Juice)
Pour wine for each other, but don’t drink yet.
“And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of Elohim. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of Elohim shall come.” (Luke 22:15-18)
Take Bread and break it amongst each other at your table
“And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19)
- Eat the Bread!
- This meal commences our week of eating unleavened bread. As we eat it, let it be a reminder of the bread which came down from heaven (Yahusha) and taught us true doctrine, a doctrine without the leaven of men.
Drink The Wine
“And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.” (Matthew 26:27-28)
- Gives a whole new perspective to eating his flesh and drinking his blood 🙂
12 Readers of Exodus 12,13 and Matthew 27:1-54
- Ken Eady
- Ty Knudsen
- Yoseph Ruggles
- Travis Blundell
- Steven Walker
- Jake Grant
- Josh Truex
- James Film
- Jacob James
- Jeremy Fox
- James Moseley
- Adam Fink
If timing allows, I will read Yashar 23:1-75
Sing the Song of Moshe together
- And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives (Matt 26:30)
Foot washing (Jessica A.)