1. The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed.
2. And he took up his parable and said–Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by Elohim, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is for to come.
3. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them: The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling,
4. And the eternal Elohim will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai, and appear from His camp
and appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.
5. And all shall be smitten with fear and the Watchers shall quake, and great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.
6. And the high mountains shall be shaken, and the high hills shall be made low, and shall melt like wax before the flame.
7. And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder, and all that is upon the earth shall perish, and there shall be a judgement upon all (men).
8. But with the righteous He will make peace and will protect the elect, and mercy shall be upon them and they shall all belong to Elohim, and they shall be prospered, and they shall all be blessed and He will help them all and light shall appear unto them, and He will make peace with them.
9. And behold! He comes with ten thousands of His holy ones to execute judgement upon all, and to destroy all the ungodly and to convict all flesh of all the works of their ungodliness⌉ which they have ungodly committed, and of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.
1.THAT which was written by Chanok. He wrote all this instruction of wisdom for every man of dignity, and every judge of the earth; for all my children who shall dwell upon earth, and for subsequent generations, conducting themselves uprightly and peaceably.
2.Let not your ruach be grieved on account of the times; for the Holy, the Great One, has prescribed a period to all.
3.Let the righteous man arise from slumber; let him arise, and proceed in the path of righteousness, in all its paths; and let him advance in goodness and eternal clemency. Mercy shall be showed to the righteous man; upon him shall be conferred integrity and power forever. In goodness and in righteousness shall he exist, and shall walk in everlasting light; but sin shall perish in eternal darkness, nor be seen from that time forward forevermore
1. AFTER this, Chanok began to speak from a Cepher.
2.And Chanok said, Concerning the children of righteousness, concerning the elect of the world, and concerning the plant of righteousness and integrity.
3.These things will I speak of, and will I explain to you, my children: I am Chanok. In consequence of that which has been shown to me, from my heavenly vision and from the voice of the Watchers and Holy Ones, have I acquired knowledge; and from the tablet of heaven have I acquired understanding.
4.Chanok then began to speak from a cepher, and said, I have been born the seventh in the first week, while judgment and righteousness wait with patience.
5.But after me, in the second week, great wickedness shall arise, and fraud shall spring forth.
6.In that week the end of the first shall take place, in which man will be saved.
7.But when it is completed, iniquity shall grow up; and he shall execute the decree upon sinners.
8.Afterwards, in the third week, during its completion, a man of the plant of righteous judgment shall be selected; and after him the Plant of righteousness shall come forever.
9.Subsequently, in the fourth week, during its completion, the visions of the holy and the righteous shall be seen, the order of generation after generation, and a habitation shall be made for them. Then in the fifth week, during its completion, the house of glory and of dominion shall be erected forever.
10.After that, in the sixth week, all those who are in it shall be darkened, the hearts of all of them shall be forgetful of wisdom, and in it shall a Man arise and come forth.
11.And during its completion He shall burn the house of dominion with fire, and all the race of the elect root shall be dispersed.
12.Afterwards, in the seventh week, a perverse generation shall arise; abundant shall be its deeds, and all its deeds perverse. During its completion, the righteous shall be selected from the everlasting plant of righteousness; and to them shall be given the sevenfold doctrine of his whole creation.
13.Afterwards there shall be another week, the eighth of righteousness, to which shall be given a sword to execute judgment and justice upon all oppressors.
14.Sinners shall be delivered up into the hands of the righteous, who during its completion shall acquire habitations by their righteousness; and the house of the great King shall be established for celebrations forever. After this, in the ninth week, shall the judgment of righteousness be revealed to the whole world.
15.Every work of the wicked shall disappear from the whole earth; the world shall be marked for destruction; and all men shall be on the watch for the path of integrity.
16.And after this, on the seventh day of the tenth week, there shall be an everlasting judgment, which shall be executed upon the Watchers; and a spacious eternal heaven shall spring forth in the midst of the angels.
17.The former heaven shall depart and pass away; a renewed heaven shall appear; and all the celestial powers shine with sevenfold splendour forever. Afterwards likewise shall there be many weeks, which shall externally exist in goodness and in righteousness.
18.Neither shall sin be named there forever and ever.
19.Who is there of all the children of men, capable of hearing the voice of the Holy One without emotion? Who is there capable of thinking his thoughts?
20.Who is capable of contemplating all the workmanship of heaven? Who of comprehending the deeds of heaven? He may behold its animation, but not its ruach.
21.He may be capable of conversing, but not of ascending. He may see all the boundaries of these things, and meditate upon them; but he can make nothing like them.
22.Who of all men is able to understand the breadth and length of the earth?
23.By whom have been seen the dimensions of all these things? Is it every man who is capable of comprehending the extent of heaven; what its elevation is, and by what it is supported?
24.How many are the numbers of the stars; and where all the luminaries remain at rest?
1.I SWEAR to you, righteous, that in heaven the angels record your goodness before the glory of EL ELOHIYM.
2.Wait with patient hope; for formerly you have been disgraced with evil and with affliction; but now shall you shine like the luminaries of heaven. You shall be seen, and the gates of heaven shall be opened to you. Your cries have cried for judgment; and it has appeared to you; for an account of all your sufferings shall be required from the princes, and from everyone who has assisted your plunderers.
3.Wait with patient hope; nor relinquish your confidence; for great joy shall be yours, like that of the angels in heaven. Conduct yourselves as you may, still you shall not be concealed in the day of the great judgment. You shall not be found like sinners; and eternal condemnation shall be far from you, so long as the world exists.
4.And now fear not, righteous, when you see sinners flourishing and prosperous in their ways.
5.Be not associates with them; but keep yourselves at a distance from their oppression; be you associated with the host of heaven. You, sinners, say, All our transgressions shall not be taken account of, and be recorded. But all your transgressions shall be recorded daily.
6.And be assured by me, that light and darkness, day and night, behold all your transgressions. Be not impious in your thoughts; lie not; surrender not the word of uprightness; lie not against the word of the Holy and EL ELOHIYM; glorify not your idols; for all your lying and all your impiety is not for righteousness, but for great crime.
7.Now will I point out a mystery: Many sinners shall turn and transgress against the word of uprightness.
8.They shall speak evil things; they shall utter falsehood; and create a great creation; and compose cepheriym in their own words. But when they shall write all my words correctly in their own languages,
9.They shall neither change or diminish them; but shall write them all correctly; all which from the first I have uttered concerning them.
10.Another mystery also I point out. To the righteous and the wise shall be given cepheriym of joy, of integrity, and of great wisdom. To them shall cepheriym be given, in which they shall believe;
11.And in which they shall rejoice. And all the righteous shall be rewarded, who from these shall acquire the knowledge of every upright path. In those days, says YAHUAH, they shall call to the children of the earth, and make them listen to their wisdom. Show them that you are their leaders;
12.And that renumeration shall take place over the whole earth; for I and my Son will forever hold communion with them in the paths of uprightness, while they are still alive. Peace shall be yours. Rejoice, children of integrity, in the Truth.
(R.H. Charles Translation)
1. Another book which Enoch wrote for his son Methuselah and for those who will come after him, and keep the Torah in the last days.
2. Ye who have done good shall wait for those days till an end is made of those who work evil; and an end of the might of the transgressors.
3. And wait ye indeed till sin has passed away, for their names shall be blotted out of the book of life and out of the holy books, and their seed shall be destroyed for ever, and their spirits shall be slain, and they shall cry and make lamentation in a place that is a chaotic wilderness, and in the fire shall they burn; for there is no earth there.
4. And I saw there something like an invisible cloud; for by reason of its depth I could not look over, and I saw a flame of fire blazing brightly, and things like shining mountains circling and sweeping to and fro.
5. And I asked one of the holy angels who was with me and said unto him: ‘What is this shining thing? for it is not a heaven but only the flame of a blazing fire, and the voice of weeping and crying and lamentation and strong pain.’
6. And he said unto me: ‘This place which thou seest–here are cast the spirits of sinners and blasphemers, and of those who work wickedness, and of those who pervert everything that YAHUAH hath spoken through the mouth of the prophets–(even) the things that shall be.
7. For some of them are written and inscribed above in the heaven, in order that the angels may read them and know that which shall befall the sinners, and the spirits of the humble, and of those who have afflicted their bodies, and been recompensed by ELOHIM; and of those who have been put to shame by wicked men:
8. Who love ELOHIM and loved neither gold nor silver nor any of the good things which are in the world, but gave over their bodies to torture.
9. Who, since they came into being, longed not after earthly food, but regarded everything as a passing breath, and lived accordingly, and YAHUAH tried them much, and their spirits were found pure so that they should bless His name.
10. And all the blessings destined for them I have recounted in the books. And he hath assigned them their recompense, because they have been found to be such as loved heaven more than their life in the world, and though they were trodden under foot of wicked men, and experienced abuse and reviling from them and were put to shame, yet they blessed Me.
11. And now I will summon the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved.
12. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name, and I will seat each on the throne of his honour.
13. And they shall be resplendent for times without number; for righteousness is the judgement of ELOHIM; for to the faithful He will give faithfulness in the habitation of upright paths.
14. And they shall see those who were, born in darkness led into darkness, while the righteous shall be resplendent.
15. And the sinners shall cry aloud and see them resplendent, and they indeed will go where days and seasons are prescribed for them.’