1 John Notes
1:1 – 2 – The Word from the beginning https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+1%3A1-3%2C14%2C+john+8%3A21-59&version=KJV
Enoch 46:1-5 https://sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/boe049.htm
1:5-7 – Darkness is Lawlessness
Light is Torah Keeping – https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=pro+6%3A23%2C+is+8%3A20%2Cps+119%3A105%2C+1+pet+2%3A19%2Cps+19%3A8%2C+is+58%2C+rev+1%3A20%2C+lev+24%3A1-2%2C+matt+5%3A14-16%2C+john+3%3A16-21&version=KJV
- Vs 7 (walk in the light as he is in the light)
2:5 – His Word/instructions tell us how to love!
- Fed the hungry, healed the sick, took others burdens upon himself, preached the kingdom, converted many back to righteousness, shared wisdom, his disciples baptized.
2:7 – He doesn’t change https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Malachi%203:6&version=KJV
- Test of Benj 1:14-33 https://sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe294.htm
- Children – forgiveness (salvation)
- Young men – overcome (Rev 12:17) https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=rev+12%3A17%2C+matt+13%3A3-4%2C+19&version=KJV
- Fathers – Known him from the beginning (beresheet – Torah)
- The world will pass away https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+pet+3%3A1-13&version=ESV
- The world sells – Consumerism, gluttony, lawlessness, do as thou wilt – sexual perversions, false hope in man, etc..
2:18 – Ascension of Isaiah 4 http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/ascension.html
– The false version of messiah
2:19 – People in this “Torah Walk”. Just because they say they walk in the way… Fruits reveal who they are. I’ve received some of the nastiest treatment by those who say they love Yah https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke+6%3A43-45&version=ESV
2:20 – Other translations say: You, however, have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+16%3A13-14&version=KJV
2:21 – We know the truth – https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=heb+10%3A26%2C+2+thess+2%3A1-12&version=KJV
2:25 – A glimpse of eternal life 2 Baruch 51 https://parableofthevineyard.com/cepher/2-baruk/
2:26 – Seduce you https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/fbe/fbe011.htm
– Balaam (the world)
2:27 – Need no one teach you https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+4%3A11-16&version=ESV