Torah Portion Week 3 (21-22)
Lech-Lecha (Go / Leave)
Gen 12:1 – 17:27
- Seed of Abraham
- Would you just get up and go at the command of Yahuah?
- Read Jasher – Abraham/Nimrod/Furnace story – Jasher 11:1 – 12:44 https://sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/11.htm
- Targum confirms: 2nd to last paragraph http://targum.info/pj/pjgen6-11.htm
- This story was told hundreds of years later! Jasher 67:16-30 or further if led to. https://sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/67.htm
- 12:20 – Writings of Abraham 60-75 (61-76) https://rejectedscriptures.weebly.com/uploads/4/0/9/5/4095914/writing_of_abraham_two.pdf
- 13:1 – In the Septuagint reads into the wilderness. Interesting foreshadow of what’s to come.
- 13:2 – He came out rich, just like the Israelites did https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=exo+12%3A35-38&version=KJV
13:9 – Targum reads: And contentions arose between the shepherds of Abram’s flock, and the shepherds of the flocks of Lot; for the shepherds of Abram had been instructed by him not to go among the Kenaanaee and the Pherizaee, who, as yet, had power in the land, and to restrain the cattle that they should make no depredation
- 13:10 – Sodom used to be like the Garden of Eden (Septuagint Gen 13:10 – Targums say the same) – The land was plenteous and this is what happened: Ezekiel 16:49-50
- 13:12 – Lot separating – Writings of Abraham 80 (81)
- 13:13 – Sins of Sodom: Jasher 18:11-15
- Targums read: And the men of Sedom were depraved in their wealth one with another, and they sinned in their bodies; they sinned with open nakedness, and the shedding of innocent blood, and practised strange worship, and rebelled greatly against the name of YAHUAH.
- Jasher 13:1-4
- 13:15 – That land IS the land of inheritance; I believe N.Jerusalem will rest there. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=zech+12%3A1-6%2C+gen+17%3A8&version=KJV
- Writings of Abraham 83(84)
- 14:16 – Just think about the kind of Power YHWH gave Abraham and his men; just like Levi and Simeon with Sheckem… and other instances – Can he do the same with us? Of course, he never changes.
- 14:18 – Melchizedek – Jasher 16:1-12 https://sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/16.htm
- Writings of Abraham 2 (3), 97-100 (98-101)
- Abraham studied and stayed with Noah and Shem Jasher 9:5-6
- Targums confirm:
“And it was in the days of Amraphel,–he is Nimrod, who commanded Abram to be cast into the furnace; he was then king of Pontos; Ariok, (so called) because he was (arik) tall among the giants, king of Thalasar,”
“And Malka Zadika, who was Shem bar Noah, the king of Yerushalem, came forth to meet Abram, and brought forth to him bread and wine; and in that time he ministered before Eloha Ilaha”
- 14:24 – Abraham was tested in this way: Jubilees 17:15-18
The father of faith. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+10%3A34-39&version=KJV
- He left all he had to serve Yahuah, are we willing?
- Identity of the Stars video: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=enoch+43+identity+of+the+stars+in+heaven+revealed+
- 15:6 – Many will isolate this verse and make entire doctrines out of it, when Gen 26:5 is also true. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=heb+11%3A1-19%2C+neh+9%3A1-8%2C+ps+19%3A7%2C+ps+111%3A7&version=KJV
- 15:8 – Show borders – pretty close to the space needed for New Jerusalem!
End of 15, read Targums (it answers why in 15:1 “fear not”, what was Abraham fearing?)
- Read 1st paragraph http://targum.info/pj/pjgen12-7.htm
- Hagar facts: Jasher 16:23-33
Targums: “But Sara, the wife of Abram, had not borne to him. But he had a handmaid, a Mizreitha, and her name was Hagar, a daughter of Pharoh, whom he gave to him as a handmaid at the time that he received her, being struck by the word from before the Lord”
“And she gave thanks before the Lord whose Word spake to her, and thus said, Thou art He who livest and art eternal; who seest, but art not seen! · for she said, For, behold, here is revealed the glory of the Shekina of the Lord after a vision.”
- 17:1 – Be perfect: Matt 5:43-48 https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matt+5%3A+43-48&version=KJV
- 17:14 – Circumcision of the heart and physical https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deut+10%3A16%2C+1+cor+7%3A18-20%2C+acts+16%3A1-4%2C+2+peter+3%3A14-17%2C+deut+8%3A2%2C+eze+44%3A9&version=KJV
- Jubilees 15:24-34 https://parableofthevineyard.com/cepher/jubilees/#c15
- Read Targums Ch 17 http://targum.info/pj/pjgen12-7.htm
- 17:15 – Just as Abram was given a new name, Abraham and Sarai to Sarah, we will receive a new name as well: Rev 2:17